Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sarah Palin vs Miss South Carolina Teen USA Caitlin Upton

Sarah Palin vs Miss South Carolina Teen USA Caitlin Upton

INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT:
Katie Couric: And when it comes to establishing your worldview, I was curious: what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this to stay informed and to understand the world?
Sarah Palin: I've read most of them, again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media.
Katie Couric: But, like, what ones specifically? I'm curious.
Sarah Palin: All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years.
Katie Couric: Can you name a few?
Sarah Palin: I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news too. Alaska isn't a foreign country, where, it's kind of suggested and it seems like, 'Wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, D.C. may be thinking and doing when you live up there in Alaska?' Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America.



Miss South Carolina Teen USA for 2007 Quote
Aimee Teegarden: "Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the U.S. on a world map. Why do you think this is?" Upton responded:

Lauren Caitlin Upton: I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future [for our children].